Global | 15 Oct 2016
Ormazabal presents its new products in southern GermanyAs in previous years, we have organised a technical day to present our latest innovations on the German market and to discuss new approaches of the medium voltage energy industry, which is witnessing fast, ongoing development. The event was held in the former coal power station in Rottweil, in southern Germany.
The event was attended by more than 240 clients from Germany and its area of influence, who were able to exchange points of view on the current distribution of electrical energy under the title "Flexible, pragmatic solutions for the future distribution of energy". There was plenty of discussion on the progressive automation and increase in intelligence of transformer substations.
Volker Wohle, manager for the southern region at Ormazabal Germany, addressed attendees as follows: "We are delighted to welcome so many regional clients to the conference. Our strategy is to remain as close to our clients as possible, offering flexible, pragmatic solutions".
In order to present attendees medium voltage solutions for primary and secondary distribution networks first-hand, the event had an exhibition area which generated great interest. Highlights were as follows::
- The innovative gae-lsv.3 circuit breaker cubicle, the first one in which a single operation acts on the disconnector and the circuit breaker.
- A gae gasinsulated cubicle, extendable on both sides, fitted with electronic elements designed and manufactured in-house for the ekorsys family.
- A prototype of the transforma.smart innovative transformer with automatic regulation of on-load taps.
- Gas insulation cubicles, cpg.0 for primary distribution and cgm.3 for secondary distribution, and wind-powered applications up to 40.5 kV.
- Prefabricated cms.m metal switching and breaking substation.
- Fully equipped service van, simulating remote management of an incident viaInternet.
To round off the event, 15 partner companies presented their products related to medium voltage distribution in a separate exhibition space. Internal and external speakers informed attendees of the latest developments in energy distribution, as well as topics such as the Kaizen continuous improvement methodology and process management applied in our different industrial facilities.
The event enjoyed the support of both staff from the organisation's different product and service units and also management, represented by the Director General of Ormazabal, Jorge González, and the Deputy Chairman of Velatia, Alejandro Ormazabal, a reminder of the fact this is an international family company.